Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh boy, it has happened to us!

I always hear about the scissor stories and always hoped that it would never happen in our household, but surprise, surprise..........it happened!

This morning, while we were still in bed, my daughter, Abi decided she needed to cut off some strings on her dress. It was early in the morning and we were still laying in bed. Abi came into the room holding up two strings and said, "Mommy! I did it all by myself!" I looked at the strings and immediately told her to never touch the scissors without permission! I didn't notice that she had also decided to cut some of her hair off until I realized there was hair all over me! She cut out a nice chunk with the kitchen shears! I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse, I have heard some pretty horrid stories...

So, here are some BEFORE pictures...I made her pose with the kitchen shears that she used, and then we went to Beauty Brands for a makeover. I thought her hair cut turned out very cute, but was still sad that so much of it had to come off in order for it to look right! After I got home and looked at it more, I noticed a nice "hole" in the back where her hair wasn't meeting, so I called Beauty Brands and asked if we could come back in for a re-do and they said sure. We went back and, oh my.....it's short. I have not gotten to take pictures of the latest style....but I will do that tomorrow and post pictures. She's still my beauty. She made me very sad tonight because as we were driving home from church she said, "Mommy, I don't want short hair anymore. I want my long hair back. I don't look pretty with short hair." I couldn't believe she said that! An innocent little three year old already feeling "not pretty".... I think she got over it fast (I hope so at least.)

BEFORE


AFTER (but will post more pics of the Final After once I get some!)

No comments:

Post a Comment